internet explorer pop-ups

misty72 20:50 15 Feb 07

I have IE7 installed on my system,the past couple of days i have been getting pop-ups from internet explorer. They are usually adverts for debt,dating and stuff like that. I have tried everything i know to get rid of them,my pop-up blocker is on and i have scanned computer using my anti-virus and a-squared.
any help would be appreciated.

skidzy 20:57 15 Feb 07

Adaware se and Spybot search and destroy click here
click here
AVGAS click here

Totally-braindead 21:08 15 Feb 07

As skidzy says, delete anything the programs find then see what happens and post back.

misty72 21:11 15 Feb 07

thanks skidzy,
i downloaded A-squared today and when i scanned it found several items that were potentially harmfull, i sorted that but am still getting the pop-ups. would adaware and spybot not just be the same as A-sguared?

skidzy 21:29 15 Feb 07

You will find most PCA members use adaware and spybot as they find some nasties that others do not.
Try them,and let us know if they solve your problem.

Make sure they are updated before you run them.

Also check in add and remove programs for anything that should not be there.

misty72 21:31 15 Feb 07

thanks will try that.

Totally-braindead 21:33 15 Feb 07

misty72 no malware program is 100% so the general recommendation is to run 2 or 3 so that between them they can remove all the nasties - hopefully.
Don't get spyware programs muddled with anti virus programs they are different. Only use one anti virus program but you can have a few spyware programs.

tomtojo 22:38 15 Feb 07

Try using mozilla firefox instead of explorer,
I had same prob, once I changed to firefox, not a single popup.

Tom

misty72 10:38 16 Feb 07

I am still having trouble with those annoying pop-ups, i installed adaware and spybot but still has not resolved it. I have looked in add/remove progams to see if theres anything there that shouldnt be, but the problem is i dont really know what im looking for!
Any ideas as to what to look for i would be grateful.

Wak 11:21 16 Feb 07

Hi Misty72, I find this very good for browser pop-ups in I.E.6 click here

misty72 14:25 16 Feb 07

hi wak, thanks
I have just downloaded youre link but still getting them!
I think it is some thing installed on my system but dont know what,the ads that i am getting have the internet explorer browser along the top of the screen,strange. Im baffled!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…