Internet Explorer, Page name problem

Saintmoly 08:52 15 Feb 06

When using Internet explorer the name of the page I am viewing has disappeared and been replaced by the first letter of the name of the web page I am viewing. For example, If I log onto Wanadoo, all I get it the letter W next to the expplorer logo at the top of the page.

This is pretty frustrating if I have multiple windows open which have been minimized. All I get are lots of boxes at the bottom of the page each displaying the first letter of the web pages which have been opened. If a web site name begins with the same letter I am unable to tell which is which unless I physically restore each page to check.

Can anybody tell me why this has happened. Everything was ok until a couple of days ago.

It only happens with Explorer. If I open a programme like Nero, then the full title of the programme is displayed without any problem.

VoG II 11:09 15 Feb 06
  RobCharles1981 11:28 15 Feb 06

I had this problem quite recently Internet Explorer was corrupeted, I deleted the regsitery key and then re-installed Internet Explorer and problem was fixed

Saintmoly 12:42 15 Feb 06

Thanks for the information.

Rob, any chance you could post some simple instruction on how you go about doing this?

Thanks.

RobCharles1981 17:02 15 Feb 06

goto Regedit:

HK - Local Machine
Software
Microsoft
Internet Exploerer <------ Delete the folder

Restart Windows

Assuming your on Windows XP goto Sart --- Control Pannel then re-install Internet Explorer from there

And then retry it

Good Luck

Saintmoly 20:58 15 Feb 06

I've sorted it! It was the Google Toolbar which was corrupting Internet Explorer. After reading the link supplied by 'VoG' I simply removed the Google toolbar in the Add/Remove programmes section and it solved the problem.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…