Internet Explorer - Page fault Kernel 32

iced_ms 13:52 07 Mar 04

Hi peps

When i turned my computer on and clicked the internet explorer icon to log onto the internet i kept getting the message.... This program will shut down invalid page fault in kernel 32 dll.
So i logged on through dial up networking and then the internet explorer launched no problem.
I have been having lots of problems with popups and some of them are quite offensive. The last time i used the computer i went into msconfig and disabled some of the programs that boot at startup and one of these was msbb that appears to be in the system folder.
Do you think that might have affected what is happening or has anyone got an other ideas.
All help very much appreciated.

iced :)

VoG II 14:10 07 Mar 04

You were right to disable msbb click here

Try a repair click here

Diodorus Siculus 14:13 07 Mar 04

click here
Spybot-S&D click here
Lavasoft click here
Repair IE

iced_ms 14:23 07 Mar 04

Thanks for that VoG didn't realise there was a repair option hidden in there.
Diodorus, hi...... i do run spybot SD regularly and adware but these pesky things still keep returning.
I have disabled lots of these things in start up sng, ncase, astart, trickler, rvp to name but a few.
Not sure if there is anything else to do with them other than disable them and remove them in add/remove programs if there's any trace in there too.

both of you thanks very much for the help :)

iced_ms 19:30 16 Mar 04

Hi back again...

Thanks for the help.....did the IE explorer repair and no longer get the invalid page fault message but it doesn't launch the dial up connection.... got any ideas?
:)

VoG II 19:34 16 Mar 04

Tools/Internet Options, Connections tab, tick Always dial my default connection.

iced_ms 20:45 16 Mar 04

What happened there then??? How did it switch to never dial a connection.

I suppose i should have checked that really but why would it change? Any ideas :)

VoG II 20:46 16 Mar 04

No, sorry :(

iced_ms 20:53 16 Mar 04

Researching a Blue Screen Fatal Exception problem now.... not getting any further so will probably be posting that one soon.
Don't know where we would be without people like yourself sharing your know how.... nice 1 & thanks again :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…