Internet explorer opening in "my computer"

lodger2000 19:49 15 Nov 04

Internet explorer keeps opening in my computer instead of "iternet". No URL's will open in internet only trusted sites and restricted sites. I have windows XP with service pack 2. I have tested for spyware etcetera. has anyone else experienced this problem?
What can I do to correct it?

Audeal 23:48 15 Nov 04

lodger2000. Try resetting your Home Page.

Click on Tools > Internet Options and check your Home Page Text Box. For example select About Blank and It should open Internet Explorer on a Blank Page.

If you wish to set another Home Page then open the page you want for your Home Page then click on Tools > Internet Options and select Use Current. This should sort you out OK.

lodger2000 19:44 16 Nov 04

Sorry. I've tried what you suggested. It still comes up "my computer" in the bottom right corner instead of "Internet". Its like something is missing!

Audeal 14:34 18 Nov 04

lodger2000. The only thing I can suggest is to reinstall Internet Explorer. You have nothing to loose by doing so.

Gongoozler 14:43 18 Nov 04

Hi lodger2000, I don't know the solution for Internet Explorer, but if you install Mozilla Firefox click here, you will be free of IE problems and have a better browser as well.

Djohn 15:23 18 Nov 04

Try this first. Start/Run and type the following in the window, click on OK. Best to copy then paste the command from here.

ipconfig /flushdns

lodger2000 21:39 18 Nov 04

OK Djohn. Thanks for the response. I've tried what you suugested. Still the same. What's next?

woodt 23:43 18 Nov 04

Are you saying that when you click on the IE icon them My Computer window opens?

Gongoozler 10:15 19 Nov 04

Can you explain in detail what you ar edoing and what happens. If you unter into the IE address bar the address for this site, what happens?

lodger2000 19:56 19 Nov 04

Iam saying that when I open internet explorer (my home page), or enter a URL in the address bar it says "my computer" at the bottom right corner instead of "internet" as it should do. The only sites that don't do this are ones that I put in "restricted sites". These say "restricted sites" at the bottom right, as they should do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…