Internet Explorer is offline but modem connected?

Roy* 22:56 03 Feb 09

I’ve installed a Netgear DG834G modem router on XP, all working well for mine and my daughters log in. However when my wife starts up Internet Explorer 7.0 from her user log in it says it’s offline and displays a page dated last week? Her Outlook is working OK and is on line.

So some how something has disrupted the settings on my wife’s log in? I can’t work out what to do to the settings on Internet Explorer. So if anyone could advise what steps I need to take or know of a tutorial they could post a link to, that would be great.
Thanks

MAJ 22:58 03 Feb 09

In IE7, go to File and untick "Work Offline".

Roy* 23:14 03 Feb 09

Yeah I’ve tried that but a dial up connection box comes up, obviously as the broadband is already connected I didn’t that should happen?

MAJ 23:23 03 Feb 09

"but a dial up connection box comes up"

IE7 > Tools > Internet Options > Connections tab, tick the "Never dial a connection" Option. Then try my Post 1 again.

Roy* 23:31 03 Feb 09

Actully I looked at that and removed teh dial up options. didn't think of that tick option? Don't understand how teh setting on hers was different to everyone elses?

Thanks

MAJ 23:33 03 Feb 09

I'm not sure either, Roy*, but I'm glad you got sorted.

config_error 12:01 04 Feb 09

hello Roy*

you can try to solve that problem by going to Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options
then click on the Connections Tab
then click on LAN settings

You will see a check box (depends on how your network is configured)

by default you can check on Automatically detect settings check box and click ok..

(Note: if you are not using proxy server for your LAN the you can leave Proxy server setup.)

Try to visit click here for some information..

Roy* 16:01 04 Feb 09

Not sure I follow all that LAN stuff but I'll have a look tonght and see if I can follow it? Thanks for the advice.

Even though I've clicked the work off line tick off, everytime you log on it has reset it to work off line tick on? Has that anything to do with the LAN thing, don't think I'm using a proxy server for LAN? Just Ethernet cable to modem and from that to phone point?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…