Internet explorer not working

orrell 23:51 26 Jan 06

Since setting up my AOL wireless broadband connection using the speedtouch 576 after having many problems doing so and after getting no help from AOL I have noticed that I cannot log into secure sites such as online banking etc. I have also noticed that the internet explorer on my desktop does not work anymore. I am getting a an error message that it 'cannot find server'. It was a friend of mine who sorted out my connection after having connectivity problems and I'm not sure if it is something he has done that has created this problem. When I go into add/remove program, internet explorer is not there so I dont think I can repair it. Can anybody help please. I have had problems since getting AOL broadband in November and I'm really fed up now.

cycoze 09:08 27 Jan 06

Open IE click on tools then internet options then on connections, click on add and follow the wizard looking to add your AOL BB connection.

orrell 22:38 27 Jan 06

Tried your suggestion. In the connections tab AOL is already in the window for dialup & virtual private network settings. I tried to add another one called BB connection but it didn't seem to work.
What setting should be ticked in this window?
'Never dial a connection' 'Dial a connection whenever a network connectionis not present' 'Always dial my default connetion'
I am a bit of a beginner so sorry if I'm asking a stupid question. Thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…