Internet Explorer is not respong...

WebGuy 22:56 26 Sep 03

When I'm using IE6 on my Windows XP Home sometimes Browser is overloading, my cursor is becaming clocks, I can't see File, Edit, View...tab, address tab, Etc. And When I'm clicking to somewhere I can see (Not responding at the top of the window). This happens every time, but when I'm disconecting everything's going back to normal. I tryed to use Internet Explorer 6 on Windows 98, it works brillinat. I'm getting that probblem even after reinstallating System. I think downloading a pages make it more difficult to work. But I don't know how to change something.

VoG II 23:02 26 Sep 03

Try repairing IE click here

WebGuy 23:21 26 Sep 03

On the instruction of how to repair IE on Win'XP says "Make sure that you have Windows OS reinstallation CD. But I've got Dell comp, which cames with REINSTALLATION CD OF THE OS not with INSTALLATION CD, so I can't do anything when it asks for inserting Cd to install new feature... But some day I reinstalled IE, and I didn' resolve this problemm. So, I think repairing IE WILLN'T help.

VoG II 23:37 26 Sep 03

I can only suggest that you try reloading IE from a cover disk.

If you get an error message when you try to do this you need to remove IE first click here

Why not try a different browser like Opera click here or Mozilla click here - both, seriously fast.

Finally, just to satisfy my curiosity, you are not (originally) from "old blighty" are you. Where then?

Djohn 23:38 26 Sep 03

If you insert the reinstall CD that came with your PC, then click on exit to stop the install. Go to Your "My Computer" and right click on the CD drive icon, choose explore, and you should see the IE folder on there. j.

Djohn 23:39 26 Sep 03

Must get 2 MB! ;o(

WebGuy 23:48 26 Sep 03

Vog-I installed IE from cover PCADVD, it replased my old one which was came with my OS. (Old was not good). And I will try to get Mozilla, thanks.
Djohn-I'm always doing that, but thanks anyway.
Djohn-second mail-???????????????

Djohn 23:54 26 Sep 03

VoG is using 2MB Broadband, I am pulling his leg and saying that is how he beats me to the answer. The truth is VoG knows the answer, I have to look it up. :o)

VoG II 23:55 26 Sep 03

I only receive at 2 Mb/s. I'm still struggling with typing at that speed. LOL!

Stuartli 23:58 26 Sep 03

Perhaps you are just not spelling the words correctly when you type them in....:-)

Djohn 00:02 27 Sep 03

Must admit, I do have to run a spell check, even with my own name! ;o(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…