Internet Explorer not connecting

Mike D 08:56 27 Nov 05

OS Windows XP Home, sp2. I have a problem with Internet Explorer. When I try to connect (I have BT Broadband connected through a Belkin router/modem) I get a blank screen with the egg timer (http: //bt.yahoo.co.uk does show in the status bar). I also use Opera and this connects fine, so I know that Broadband is OK. I also sometimes use Deepnet explorer, which will also connect (and, of cause this use IE). I cannot see any thing that I have installed that would have affected IE (famous last words).

How can I repair Internet Explorer?

Thanks
Mike

VoG II 09:17 27 Nov 05
  Mike D 10:56 27 Nov 05

VoG™

Thanks for the reply. I've tried both of the methods recommended, without any joy. I am using Deepnet at the moment, so IE is working somehow, but, as I said, if I try to use IE itself I get a blank screen with the Bt.yahoo home page address and an egg timer.

Stumped
MIke

Mike D 21:42 27 Nov 05

VoG™

I have managed to sort things out, but thanks for your help. The problem was caused by Fresh Download, which I finally remembered, I had integrated into IE a few says ago. I have uninstalled it and everything is back to normal (well as close to normal as it can be with me in front of the screen!)

Mike

VoG II 21:45 27 Nov 05

Thanks for the feedback. Very helpful for anybody having the same problem.

kristain 12:48 08 Jun 11

Hi, Internet Explorer can encounter problems that may not allow the users to connect to the Internet. One of the main reasons behind this error is corrupted or lost system files. In order to repair or create system registries, click on ‘Start’ menu and ‘Run’. Type the following commands and hit ‘Enter’ after entering each command. The commands are “REGSVR32 SOFTPUB.DLL”, “REGSVR32 INITPKI.DLL”, “REGSVR32 MSSIP32.DLL”, and “REGSVR32 wintrust.dll”.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…