Internet Explorer/ LineOne.

Tankie 74 20:44 19 Jan 06

I use XP and AOL 9.0 BB. I use the Internet through AOL without any trouble although I still prefer OE to the AOL browser. However when I click on Internet Explorer on the Desktop a message appears saying Starting Internet Explorer and then a full screen appears LineOne, click here to register your account online. I'm sure I don't want this. The only way to clear the screen is using Windows Task Manager and End Task. I I don't need it how do I get rid of LineOne scren. The old dial up connection is no more.
Tankie 74

VoG II 20:51 19 Jan 06

This is what somebody else did to cure this click here

Tankie 74 21:17 19 Jan 06

Thanks VoG. So far so good. Deleted some things on Program Files and got rid of LineOne.
Can I get rid of Ticali etc.... provided by LineOne, on the Title Bar.
Tankie 74

VoG II 21:22 19 Jan 06

Start, Run, type in

rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear

exactly as written and click OK.

Tankie 74 21:42 19 Jan 06

I have done exactly as you said VoG. It has got rid of Tiscali, but now: Clk IE on the desktop, dialogue box, Web Page unavailable. Clk stay offline. Title bar says Web Page unavailable whilst offline - MS Internet Explorer. In the address box click here
OR
Clk on IE, Web page unavailable DB. Clk on connect, dial up connection DB appears. Connect to box says AOL diagnostic Test.
I am reluctant to interfere with any AOL settings as it has taken me 2 months to get it sorted. I could write a book about AOL & BT.
Tankie 74

VoG II 21:50 19 Jan 06

No don't fiddle with the AOL settings - we could be here until next Christmas trying to sort that out!

What is your Homepage set to in Internet Explorer? Start IE, Tools|Internet Options. On the General tab set your Homepage to click here or whatever you want.

Tankie 74 22:09 19 Jan 06

Hi VoG. We're getting there. Done that and used the Homepage in your example. Now when I clk on IE on the desktop on the title bar shows Invalid syntax error -Internet explorer. Web page not available.
AND
on the titel bar on this page: Forums - Internet Explorer/LineOne - PC Advisor
Tankie 74

VoG II 22:29 19 Jan 06

Have a look in msconfig click here and look for anything to do with Line One and untick it. I assume that AOL is still working OK?

Tankie 74 22:35 19 Jan 06

Check msconfig. Nothing in there.
Tankie 74

VoG II 22:46 19 Jan 06

What happens if you start IE then enter an internet address like bbc.co.uk (with www. in front)?

Tankie 74 23:00 19 Jan 06

Sweet!! err Nothing
Tankie 74

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…