Internet Explorer keeps freezing Help!

spareroomgirl1 12:06 PM 27 Aug 12

Can anyone help, my internet explorer keeps freezing, it says it is not responding. this happens quite often. Is there anything I can do.

rdave13 12:35 PM 27 Aug 12

Try running IE without add-ons, All Programs, Accessories, then System tools, find IE no add-ons. If it runs OK in this mode then you'll know that it's an add-on problem. You'll need to find out which is the offending one by disabling a few at a time in normal mode.

northumbria61 12:37 PM 27 Aug 12

You do not give much information ie: which version you are using but here are some things to try

Here are a few options that should solve your freezing problem:

1. Clear your Cache. Or else run your Junk Cleaner or CCleaner. In IE 8, click Tools > Internet options > Security > Reset all Zones to Default level

2. If still you find your IE giving problems, close it and run IE (No Add-ons). This opens up the browser without loading any add-ons, toolbars or plug-ins.

3. Run sfc /scannow and at the end reboot if asked for. This will replace corrupted system files if any. If you find it running OK, then the problem is most probably caused by an addon. In that case you have two options :

4. Use the manage Add-ons tool, and disable each one after the other to find out which one is causing the problem.

5. In Internet Options, go to Advanced Tab and click on Reset tab. Restart IE. This step deletes all temp files, disables any add-ons, plug-ins, toolbars and also resets all changed settings to default. Although this is a quick-fix, you will have to re-install the add-ons.
  spareroomgirl1 15:20 PM 29 Aug 12

thanks everyone, sorted out now.

Muergo 04:15 AM 31 Aug 12

spareroomgirl, can you say what worked for you out of all the solutions, because I'm getting a similar problem but I thought it was the google toolbar but deleting that has not totally stopped it freezing now and then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…