//some 3rd party need geo

internet explorer keeps closing

mrjuice1 16:11 09 Oct 05

hello everyone i have a problem with my internet explorer, on some websites it just closes by its self, some times it will close in the same place on certian sites and others its compleatly random, its starting to get very anoying so if any one has any ideas or solutions i would be very gatefull.

BurrWalnut 16:15 09 Oct 05

Here are a few things to try :-

1. Download this little fix click here

2. Start, Run and type “sfc /scannow” (not the quotes but the space) and have your WinXP CD ready to put in the drive, should it be wanted. If the main Windows set-up screen appears and covers the progress bar, just close it. SFC will exit with no closing dialogue. To see which files. if any, were replaced look in Event Viewer. If SFC doesn’t work, the RPC locator service needs to be started in Start, All Programs, Administrative Tools, Services.

3. Find the hidden file ie.inf which is in the Windows\Inf folder. Right click the ie.inf file and choose Install from the menu that appears. Restart the computer after the files are copied.

4. To repair Internet Explorer 6 on a WinXP SP2 system, Start, Run, type "iexplore /rereg" (not the quotes but the space). It will re-register the DLLs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…