internet explorer keep closing

peg 20:38 11 Jun 07

windows xp...more often than not internet explorer displays the mesage INTERNET EXPLRER HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO CLOSE.also the help and support center no longer loads.I have done a virus scan and found nothing and a adware-spyware scan and fix what was found.
anyone any ideas thanks

brundle 20:48 11 Jun 07

Try a System File Check; click here

birdface 07:40 12 Jun 07

Try,Tools. Internet Options. programs. Halfway down make sure Internet Explorer is main default web browser is pressed.

birdface 07:53 12 Jun 07

Or try, Control Panel,Administrative tools, Services, Scroll down till you get to DNS client,make sure that it is set to automatic, I am thinking that maybe you are loosing your internet connection,Apart from IE7 are you still able to open other programs like Msn or anything like that. You could also try ,Control panel,Network connections. Right click Local area connection and press repair.see if any faults found on that, If none of that works it may help to download a good Anti-Spyware program A Squared or something like that and up-date it and run a full scan,You want the free version.

sunny staines 08:05 12 Jun 07

goto adobe.com and reinstal flashplayer is a common problem for this error.

J B 09:20 12 Jun 07

had a simular problem with IE7. Check if any of the Internet Explorer add-on's are causing the problem. Go to tools > manage ad-ons > Enable or disable add-ons and disable all add-ons then reenable one at a time to see if you have a fault. J.B.

sunny staines 16:17 13 Jun 07

peg

any luck yet

peg 21:42 13 Jun 07

No look yet,cant get online at all now (using sons laptop) also outlook express, windows media player,windows update all say same "need to close" instaled loads of spyware and ad-ware removers from cover disks, fix any probs found,ran SFC /SCANNOW took forever then no report window, is that usual. anybody any ideas cheers

provider 2 22:05 13 Jun 07
  peg 22:26 13 Jun 07

I cant even get on update web site to try and download but i will give it a try. am getting same prob with non web based progs like media player and windows help. most other things seam to be running ok ! cheers

provider 2 22:38 13 Jun 07

Yes, exactly, give it a try. It sounds to me as if you are experiencing the sort of problem that can sometimes arrive seemingly from nowhere but is, in fact, initiated by a Windows update, especially one that has been come via the automatic update system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…