Internet Explorer issue

Tenacious Green 16:09 25 Sep 05

On my wifes profile, when she rarely uses IE (Latest edition with WINXP) she has Tiscali Internet written at the top in the blue bar. Thing is we don't have, nor ever had Tiscali installed, although I vaguely remember there being Tiscali setup feature when the PC was first bought, but I deleted that. Cannot find any Tiscali in Program list or program files.

Could someone suggest a way to get rid of this annoying little issue.

MAJ 16:16 25 Sep 05

Go to Start > Run and type in

rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear

and click OK

GaT7 16:26 25 Sep 05

MAJ, didn't know it was that simple. To remedy this problem I used to manually edit the registry (though the exact key escapes my memory at this time), or use a small program called the IE Debrander. G

MAJ 16:34 25 Sep 05

Yes you can do it through the registry as well, Crossbow7, but it's scary for those users who aren't used to registry editing. I haven't seen Debrander in a long time, it used to be free wasn't it? Seems it's shareware now click here.

VoG II 16:36 25 Sep 05

It is also one of the very few case-sensitive commands. If you type 'clear' it won't work.

MAJ 16:39 25 Sep 05

As VoG™, correctly, says, it's case sensitive, it's best to copy and paste that line, rather than type it, just in case of mistakes.

GaT7 16:46 25 Sep 05

No MAJ, that's not the one - the IE De-Brander (which is the exact name - just checked) is free & just 24kb in size. I can't remember where I downloaded it from.

"..but it's scary for those users who aren't used to registry editing.." - yes, I understand & appreciate your simple solution - my initial post was complimentary : ) G

GaT7 16:47 25 Sep 05

Must've downloaded from one of these sites click here. G

MAJ 16:53 25 Sep 05

"- yes, I understand & appreciate your simple solution - my initial post was complimentary : ) G"

I knew that, Crossbow7. :-) t.

Tenacious Green 16:56 25 Sep 05

Does it have to be done in that user profile or can it be done from mine? And if the former will that account have to be an administrator account?

Tenacious Green 17:08 25 Sep 05

I love this site!

In answer to my own question, it has to be in the individual users account, but you don't have to be an Administrator.

I wish all .problems were this easy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…