Internet Explorer Icon problem

thinontop 14:21 29 Oct 04

I've recently noticed that my desktop icon for Internet Exploror has changed from it's normal light blue to a dark blue. I've tried removing it from the desktop and adding it back but it's still the wrong colour. The shortcut in the Start Menu is correct and if I make a shortcut to this on the desktop it's o.k. How can I make the system icon with all the functionality on it go back to the right colour ?

smokingbeagle 15:22 29 Oct 04

Right click on the icon. Go to Properties / Shortcut / Change icon. Select another icon and "apply". If you wish go back through the same route and change it back to the original icon.

thinontop 15:29 29 Oct 04

That works for a shortcut but on the system Internet explorer icon that you can place on your desktop from within display properties/desktop/customise desktop you can't change the icon.

whybe 17:49 29 Oct 04

I may be wrong about this but didn't the icon colour change to light blue when version six was released? Perhaps an IE update from MS might help?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…