Internet explorer icon

the Rascal 04:15 25 Mar 04

I wander if anyone can help me,I deleted my IE explorer icon by mistake.I thought,no probs i will make a new one on my desktop but now i have found i can not get to internet properties from that icon as i could from the original.I no i can get there other ways and it does'nt matter that much but if one of you chaps no how to fix this i would be very gratefull

OS/Win xp home all service packs installed

temp003 05:39 25 Mar 04

Try this first: Right click empty part of desktop, Properties, Desktop tab, Customize Desktop, General tab, in the section "Desktop Icons", tick Internet Explorer.

If it is already ticked, you can try repairing IE, or download and install Powertoys for XP and use TweakUI to restore the icon for you.

There is also a manual registry tweak which might work, but try the above first.

In the meantime, to access your Internet Properties, just go to Control Panel, Internet Options (or in IE itself, Tools, Internet Options) - that's the same thing.

the Rascal 18:55 25 Mar 04

The first option you suggested worked a treat thanks very much !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…