Internet explorer Home page cannot change

compumac 22:44 22 Jul 06

Jusr resurrected an old PC. Formatted and reinstalled Windows XP. Everthing works OK, but I inadvertently inserted the incorrect home page when setting up the Internet connection. it now defaults to that page. I Open Tools/internet options and change the home page to the one I want. But on accessing the Internet Options again the home page has reverted to the original that I do not want. You can click on reset Internet options to default but I am not aware as to where the defaults dialogue box(?) is.
Any ideas?

De Marcus™ 22:46 22 Jul 06
  compumac 23:06 22 Jul 06

I do not have Zone Alarm on this PC, BUT I will check out Norton Firewall and Adaware in case it is one of these causing the problem. Thanks for lead.

compumac 23:18 22 Jul 06

All OK the problem was the Norton Antivirus Internet home page protection was on. I disabled it and corrected the home page to the one required and then re-enabled Norton Antivirus Internet home page protection and everthing is working as it should.
Thanks for the lead.

De Marcus™ 06:04 23 Jul 06

Your welcome, albeit you did all the hard work ;-)

There seems to be a spate of 'locked homepage' threads recently, and whilst ZA had been the problem in the majority of cases, I hadn't figured Norton would provide similar symptoms, at least anyone searching the database will have another option should they, as you are, be a Norton user.

Regards

DM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…