Internet Explorer History

smullan_2000 17:35 13 Jan 04

i was on a few months ago and found an item that was talking about how windows XP has stored internet history on you comuter and where to get it, in this post there was a link to an anti microsoft site www. micro suck .com ... and now i cant find the post or the link... can someone help me.

Stuartli 17:48 13 Jan 04

Any version of Internet Explorer stores your history of websites visited - it helps to find one again if you've forgotten.

You can vary the amount of time the history is retained by going to Tools>Internet Options and configuring whatever you require in the last of the three sections (i.e. History).

There's nothing sinister in it as you seem to be implying and certainly the only way that XP, or any other Windows version, does so is in the way that you have IE configured.

Conspiracy stories about Microsoft have been doing the rounds for years.....

hugh-265156 17:50 13 Jan 04
  smullan_2000 12:22 14 Jan 04

i already know what you have told me... however i beg to differ as the link that i am looking for was for a specific artical which showed you how to look at the history that was kept on the computer even after you deleted, offline files, cookies, history and temporary internet files.

Gongoozler 12:30 14 Jan 04

I think you'll find the history of your typed in url's is stored in the registry. [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs]

hugh-265156 12:42 14 Jan 04

if you see my link above scroll down to really hidden files you will see this article click here

Jester2K 15:55 14 Jan 04

perhaps its the Index.dat file smullan_2000 is worried about.

Supercleaner click here can show you whats in it and clean it....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…