Internet explorer help

LAPTOPBABE 22:45 05 Sep 06

My mum has just changed from Wanadoo (which became Orange),to aol. I tried to delete everything there was on the add/remove programmes list to do with her old set up but there was only orange toolbar to do.we are getting a box coming up with 'run time error -do you want to debug and yes or no. I have decided this has got to be to do with internet explorr. My mum appears to have internet explorer 7 beta 3, don't know how. I would like to delete this and start again with IE 6 to see if this helps but I am not sure how to safely go about it without losing aol etc. Can anyone help PLEASE? Also how do i delete Wanadoo from the list of all programmes as when IE comes up it still says provided by wanadoo, could this be the problem?

sean-278262 22:56 05 Sep 06

click here

to remove the Wanadoo thing from IE use the above link

As for removing the rest of the wanadoo setup I am not too sure. What exactly is there that wanadoo provided? Is there an uninstall on the install disk?

LAPTOPBABE 23:20 05 Sep 06

There is nothing on the disc, but I will try to do the other bit when i go to her house tomorrow and let you know.

LAPTOPBABE 23:23 05 Sep 06

She got everything she would need for wanadoo to be her ISP. It was all very slow, now its a wizz with AOl except for these occasional blips. I may one of the few but I think AOL is fab!!

sean-278262 23:42 05 Sep 06

What wanadoo service was she on?

LAPTOPBABE 10:43 06 Sep 06

Just broadband

LAPTOPBABE 21:25 07 Sep 06

How do I remove IE 7 and replace it with IE 6 AS I THINK THIS MAY SOLVE THE PROBLEMS I AM HAVING WITH MY MUMS LAPTOP. iT IS SAYING RUNTIME ERROR AND DO I WANT TO DEBUG, i HAVE ASKED THIS QUESTION BEFORE BUT DIDN'T GET ANYWHERE WITH IT. SO I AM TRYING TO BE MORE SPECIFIC THIS TIME.

birdface 07:58 19 Sep 06

To remove IE7,Just go into add remove programs,And delete it, IE6 should automaticaly replace it

uesquebeathus 17:17 26 Sep 06

re buteman, if you go too
click here

msn help site for help removing ver7 beta and the newer ver7 RC1 and see the thousands of people who have problems relating to both versions I really do not know how Microsoft can get away with calling this a good product, or even a beta it is deplorable .
good luck and if you can get it of your computer you will be very gratefull.

anskyber 19:36 26 Sep 06

"see the thousands of people who have problems relating to both versions"

A little OTT don't you think. Firstly remember that even IE7 RC1 is still in effect a Beta which by definition is not a final release version. So, there will be glitches, its the way with Betas and you should not be surprised or indeed condemn MS for something which is blindingly obvious.

Secondly, you can go to the forums for very many products, even final release products and there you will find people having problems with the software. Again it does happen.

And yes I run IE7 RC1 and it has been faultless for me.

rdave13 19:41 26 Sep 06

Must agree with anskyber. This last beta version of IE7 is the only one I've downloaded and have had no problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…