Internet explorer help

L85A1_marksman 19:38 04 Mar 06

hello I'm new to the forums so hello everyone.
anyhew for some strange reason when i try to open internet explorer twice it closes the first window and then starts a fresh one so i can only open internet explorer once. Which is quite inconvenient if i need to do two different things. thanks in advance

can u go to file menu then new window?

L85A1_marksman 19:46 04 Mar 06

no i cant it just closes the current window and opens a new one

surfmonkey #:@} 19:54 04 Mar 06

have you tryed a repair click here

stalion 19:55 04 Mar 06

hello and welcome to the forum.

Superstylin 19:56 04 Mar 06

do you have the latest version of ie? i think it's on six now. you can tell which version you have by going to 'help' then 'about internet explorer'. maybe downloading and installing the latest ie will help the situation

L85A1_marksman 21:03 04 Mar 06

thanks for your help but i don't have a XP cd so i don't want to try reparing IE and my version of IE is 6

L85A1_marksman 21:23 04 Mar 06

*bump*

Superstylin 01:17 05 Mar 06

it's highly unlikely you'll need the xp cd to repair ie. even if you did need the cd then the only thing to happen would be that the repair would be cancelled

L85A1_marksman 19:42 05 Mar 06

hi, i have tried the first method of repairing for windows XP and the 2nd the first method didnt seem to do much except take up half an hour checking the original windows files and the 2nd method says i need the service pack CD's which i dont have has this problem of internet explorer happened to anyone else?

skidzy 19:51 05 Mar 06

Try this.... click here (registry optimiser) its free and will repair internet explorer under the advanced tools section.This may cure your problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5