internet explorer help

blueboy2uk 21:32 04 Dec 04

when i was using windows 98 if i had problems with ie i could go to infomation manager and click on repair internet explorer and 99 times out of 100 it would work now i am running XP pro
can i still do that? as i have a problem it only seems to affect connecting to windows update i have tried all ways to get to update via other routes but for some reason IE seems to know i am tricking it and freezes the screen and i have to use task manager to shut IE down at all other times IE works fine i would not worry about it too much but i am unable to get any new updates so i dont want it to go on too long i even tried downloading IE 10 hopeing it would solve it but it didnt.

thanks

VoG II 21:33 04 Dec 04
  JoeC 21:36 04 Dec 04

try SFC for WinXP:

Put your WinXP CD in the tray. Go Start > Run > and type in ( or copy and paste this bit )

sfc /scannow

Okay that, but note the space between sfc and /. This will repair any corrupt or damaged files on your system.

Or

Repair / Reinstall IE6 or OE6 in XP

click here

blueboy2uk 21:44 04 Dec 04

then i have a problem i have not got the disk the xp was installed on the machine when i got it i tried system restore but it didnt help

Carpigiani 21:46 04 Dec 04

If repair does not work. Try click here or lots of links at bottom of this page click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:47 04 Dec 04

If XP was pre installed then sfc /scannow should still work without the XP CD instead it will use the files from the hidden partition on your hard drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…