internet explorer has encountered a problem..close

bludywoman 17:58 21 Sep 05

got sick & tired with all the problems on my previous 'tiny' have bought a new (few months ago now..) pc from DELL. Great. I do however, seem to be getting frequent (I mean sometimes every 10-15 minutes!!!) messages....a box comes up with 'internet explorer has encountered a problem and must now close...' This then takes me back to desktop after asking me do I want to send a report to microsoft (.....what is the point in they solve my problems?....I assume not!)....Would like to get to the bottom of this annoying problem, or even try to resolve it....anyone any bright ideas?....System is XP Home Edition. Alison

VoG II 18:00 21 Sep 05

Try a repair click here

johnnyrocker 18:02 21 Sep 05

if only a recent occurence try system restore to before it happened or if you have the disk try running system file checker in case you have any corrupt files and also of course a full anti virus scan

johnnyrocker 18:03 21 Sep 05

must type quicker ;))

bludywoman 09:34 22 Sep 05

..ha ..ha johhnyrocker...dont worry, type as slow as you like, will read it slow!!! Alison....will try VoG first, has been great help in past!.....must live at his/her terminal!

kingussie 13:11 22 Sep 05

thks for link VoG have same problem

johnnyrocker 13:19 22 Sep 05

have you tried either a full spyware/virus scan? maybe even system restore to before the problem occurred?.

Ex plorer 13:46 22 Sep 05

Hi I had this problem and decided to see what and why this was happening.

I had two fire walls running so I closed Norton’s fire wall and now rely on windows XP. The problem has now gone away.

Phphred 13:48 22 Sep 05

MS do sometimes solve the problem for you, In fact I had just that problem and they told me that it was probably a nasty which they had not found the answer for yet. I downloaded a few more nasty Hunters A2 in particular and Adaware. Problem solved between them. QED

woodchip 13:49 22 Sep 05

May be time to try Netscape

woodchip 13:58 22 Sep 05

Not had any problems since I dumped IE several years ago

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…