Internet Explorer Has Encountered A Problem

NormanD 20:22 04 Feb 04

Can any body help please - I have suddenly started getting an error message when I try to connect to the internet "Microsoft has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"
The details show Error Signature: -
App Name iexplore.exe
App Ver 6.0.2800.1106
Mod Name Kernel32.dll
Mod Ver 4.10.0.2222
Offset 0000a388

I have tried running the repair function. This worked for a couple of days then the same thing happened again. Tried the repair function again but didn't work.

System Win 98SE
Internet Explorer 6.0
Virgin asdl Broadband through USB modem (The modem seems to be OK, I'm using it right now on laptop)

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Norman

SPIKE69 13:52 09 Feb 04

Norman,
I have exactly the same problem, like you I've tried all the fixes recommended. I'm fairly certain that a virus attacked I.E.6. My Norton picked it up and deleted it, but has probably taken with it one of the important files.

Now that I've found somebody in similar dire straightns, I'll ask Norton (symantec) if they have a cure.

Good luck
Spike

Indigo 1 14:28 09 Feb 04

Try this click here

NormanD 20:09 12 Feb 04

Thanks SPIKE69 and Indigo 1 for your replies. Sorry for not replying sooner, I've been working away and only just got home. I seem to have cured the problem. My Anti virus programme is part of the OnTrack Systemsuite, and this found a virus. It couldn't delete the virus automatically but gave me enough info to delete it manually. I did this then ran the Repair option on IE6 again and the problem disappeared.

Thanks again for your replies

Norman

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…