Internet Explorer and Google

Dave was 7312 17:19 06 Feb 07

Every time I access the Internet, the Google tool bar is already filled in; always with the same address every time, and this address appears to be stuck at the top of the 'History' list,taking precedence over other web pages that I have accessed. The corresponding page is offered on the screen for me to open. This is not what I want. How do I regain control over the program? I have tried deleting things via 'Internet Options' to no avail. Nothing seems to displace this rogue web title from the top of the 'History' list and its position in the tool bar. Every time that I want to go to a web page or ask Google to search I have to delete the wretched thing first.
Also the 'History' list is now so long that I cannot access the bottom of the page in order to delete it. Can anyone help please?

quack 17:31 06 Feb 07

It sounds as if your homepage has been hijacked. Run an Anti-spyware programme and see what it finds. If you have Windows XP you can download Windows Defender from Microsoft.com. If not try AdAware which you can find if you google it.

VoG II 17:33 06 Feb 07

Try clicking the down arrow > Clear History.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant