Internet Explorer goes dead after logging on

magnum force 17:12 26 Oct 04

I've just rebooted my dell 2400 when I go onto the internet using broadband I get as far as my home page then it just freezes.According to my status I'm still connected but I'm not.I'm using xp my other pc using millenium is fine using the same connection.any ideas?

woodt 17:22 26 Oct 04

Try this: Go to Internet Options, then Advanced, and then uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions"

johnnyrocker 17:42 26 Oct 04

firewall?

johnny.

magnum force 18:26 26 Oct 04

Tried unchecking third party browser but still the same result, one thing I have noticed is that the green arrow in the bottom of the screen when I'm connected, it doesn't go from light green to dark green its split between the 2 colours top half one shade the bottom half the other.Thanks for your help.

woodt 18:35 26 Oct 04

What happens if you type in a new web address?

magnum force 19:17 26 Oct 04

White screen with the page unavailable etc

WaTcHiNg 19:35 26 Oct 04

I had a PC brought to me recently for repair with similar problems. The PC was riddled with spyware, adware and a few viruses thrown in. Each time the net connection was fired up the nasties had a field day and ie locked up.

It may be completely unrelated but it's worth making sure your system is clean.

Jak_1 01:00 27 Oct 04

Again, check firewall is not blocking your browser. Have you installed SP2? If so disable windows firewall re-instate 3rd party firewall and configure to allow browser and email through. As has been stated, run anti-spyware progs.

dobbin 23:31 27 Oct 04

This sounds similar to the problem I am having. see this posting "i/explorer stops browsing 2-3 mins after boot up" click here

magnum force 00:06 02 Nov 04

Installing CRITICAL updates from Windows seems to have done the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…