soulescape 21:13 16 Sep 05

For some reason in the last two months, everytime i go onto HMV and click on the 30 second clips so you can preview songs, my internet explorer freezes, and i have to close the windown through the task manager.

Its annoying, i cant preview songs, and only on this site- although occasionally on others.

Anyone know how to fix this please?

VoG II 21:44 16 Sep 05

Try a repair click here

ade.h 22:13 16 Sep 05

It sounds like it has developed a problem with filetype association and handling. What filetype does HMV use: WMA or Real? Most clips (such as those on Amazon) use Real Audio and they can be a little troublesome if the browser fails to trigger the required application. This is a common shortcoming with Firefox, for example. If Realplayer is used, try removing and reinstalling it. If WMP is used, try changing they way in which IE handles it; WMA and WMV files can either be played in the browser's media pane which appears on the left or played in WMP itself. Try playing around with the relevant settings in IE's options.

Hope that provides some help.

ade.h 22:16 16 Sep 05

I forgot to add that it could also be influenced by the browser's handling of javascript, which as far as IE is concerned, can be randomly problematic with some websites and can cause problems with certain kinds of download link.

woodchip 22:20 16 Sep 05

Could be AV or firewall

soulescape 22:22 16 Sep 05

i think it might have something to do with this. sometimes my java doesnt work properly. To be honest i dont even know what java is, but i know sometimes it freezes.. never used to.

I use xp ...

any ideas?

soulescape 22:23 16 Sep 05

yeah i tried the repair VOG recommended. Still stalls!

ade.h 17:15 17 Sep 05

Hmm, as I said; might be javascript, based on my own past experience with these kinds of link. Tell us what you IE javascript settings are (look in options) and I'll try to replicate your problem.

pj123 17:59 17 Sep 05

Hmmm. A 30 second clip wouldn't be enough for me to decide whether I buy or not. I have tried Allmusic and Amazon and the clips that I have heard don't start at the beginning, they seem to be random.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…