Internet Explorer Favorites Dropdown list

douglas1973 19:38 21 May 05

When I select the Favorites menu in Internet Explorer I want to automatically see all the folders that I have created rather than having to always click the downward pointing chevron. How can I configure it to always show the complete list?

mattyc_92 21:46 21 May 05

I don't think you can

Taff36 23:23 21 May 05

Mine always shows the complete list but I don`t know why. How many folders have you got? Perhaps there`s a limit.

Taff36 23:25 21 May 05

I have 24 URL`s and folders in the first list, obviously each folder has a right horizontally pointing arrow to read it`s contents.

Sans le Sou 23:34 21 May 05

Have you got "enable personalised favourites menus" checked in internet options.

tools/internet options/advanced

douglas1973 00:22 22 May 05

I have the "Enable Personalised Favorites Menu" ticked. Makes no difference.
I am pretty sure that sometime in some magazine I saw a way of configuring the Favorites menu as I want but heaven knows where and when.

douglas1973 00:25 22 May 05

I have about 70 folders in Favorites. Yes, a lot, but I use the majority quite frequently and I like to be organised!

jimmer409® 08:22 22 May 05

the best way i can see to overcome this is to put your most often used in the links folder, if this is of no help, google it

Taff36 08:25 22 May 05

Which Operating system are you using?

VoG II 08:28 22 May 05

UNTICK Enable Personalised Favorites, as Sans le Sou said.

douglas1973 10:58 22 May 05

Thanks VoG™. It worked! Sans le Sou asked if I had got "enable personalised favourites menus" checked in internet options. I thought that by this he was indicating that I should have it checked and as it was checked I concluded that it was not the solution to my problem. Sorry, both of you, but just make allowances for my adavanced age.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…