Internet explorer errors

Bevlee 12:37 10 Dec 03

I keep getting int explorer errors.
Warning comes up---explorer will shut down,which it does.
Then the browser flips back up with the following message which says
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not Found
The requested URL /customize/ie/defaults/stp/ymsgr*click here was not found on this server.

Any ideas anyone?
Thankyou
Bevlee

johnnyrocker 12:53 10 Dec 03

sounds like you have the blaster worm click here and down load removal tools and follow the instruction exactly, what av do you have and is it updated?

johnny.

Jester2K II 14:04 10 Dec 03

Doesn't sound like Blaster.

What version Windows?

What version IE?

Up to date Anti virus?

Have you ever scanned with Adware cleaning tools? Adaware / SpyBot etc

Bevlee 19:22 10 Dec 03

I ran adaware and antivirus is up to dare.
Also ran spybot I updated windows update also,
Windows me internet exp 6
Appears to be a internet explorer error of some sort
Thanks
Bevlee

Peter C42 19:52 10 Dec 03

About two weeks ago starting experiencing the same thing, but if you allowed IE to re-start it took you to one or two American search engines, which had a very similar lay-out. We've seen them before when Google was hacked a couple of months ago. If you didn't go through the re-start and just tried to open up IE, then you got the blue screen with the fatal error message.

Sorry to sound like a Dinosaur, but we're still running Windows 95 with Internet Explorer 5.5 Service Pack 2. I spent the first weekend hunting for some clues to the problem - ran antivirus scans, deleted cookies, a suprisingly large number of hidden Temporary Internet files (as the default setting is to discard these at the end of the session), did finds on the hard drive for anything remotely related to the two offending websites. Then I came across a "known problem reference", visited the Microsoft website and down-loaded the patches. IE stopped closing down, BUT now when I try to go to any site with a secure conection, (Amazon UK, Tesco's), or one with Applets, forms to complete, etc then the down load is shown as done, but no image appears on the screen. This is worrying - I may have to leave the house!
I've spent this morning running every patch Symantec have available, but all say nothing found. Anyone got any suggestions, (apart from buy a new computer and enter the 21st Century)

My son phoned earlier and mentioned something about "metatext" - does that mean anything, is it relevant and what do we do, so that we get back to ordering Christmas presents.

Any help much appreciated.

Bevlee 20:34 10 Dec 03

Maybe someone will come up with a idea.
Mine is off and on not all the time.
Ask Santa for a new pc.
If you have been very very good=====maybe
Bevlee

Jester2K II 20:43 10 Dec 03

Download HijackThis click here

Scan and post the log here (or e-mail to me using the envelope icon next to my name)

Jester2K II 20:44 10 Dec 03

Use HijackThis click here

Scan and post the log in there forum - they'll tell you what to delete. Sounds like you've picked up something..

kesser 20:55 10 Dec 03

why not try uninstalling IE and reinstalling or installing IE6? Would be my 1st point in add/remove windows components in add/remove programs.

cycoze 21:10 10 Dec 03

If you have no luck with Hijack This have a look at this little program BHODemon click here , read the page first before trying to use the program so you understand that some BHO`s can legitimately be installed by choice .

The problem lies within the registry not IE6 itself , it is probably caused by a foisted BHO or Trojan/spyware/adware .

cycoze 21:11 10 Dec 03

That last line was for kesser "The problem lies within the registry not IE6 itself , it is probably caused by a foisted BHO or Trojan/spyware/adware ."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…