Internet Explorer Error

The Brown Rock 23:18 19 May 04

When shutting down my computer the following message is flagged on screen " You have performed an illegal function? the program will be shut down. `Details` Explorer caused an invalid page fault. Module Kernal 32 DLL at 017f: bff 7b9f5 etc, etc. I have recently downloaded Explorer6 with an additional recent update. I wonder if this is the cause of my problem as everything worked perfectly previously. (Or so it seemed) I have made contact with Microsoft's own website without success. I would very much like to rid myself of this most annoying `error flag`as I close down each evening.
I'm running Windows 98`. Anyone out there that can solve this problem for me, I will as always be very grateful indeed.
The Brown Rock

GaT7 23:44 19 May 04

Try this -
click here

Dan the Confused 00:56 20 May 04

Or try click here

The Brown Rock 23:48 21 May 04

My thanks to Crossbow7 and `Dan the Confused` whose link solved the problem for me. I actually punched the air in delight at the loss of my `error message` on shutdown that had been with me for weeks. Can I ask how the link (click here)such as the very informative one that solves my problem is inserted into your reply to my query.
The Brown Rock

VoG II 23:56 21 May 04

To post a click here just type or paste the address and it will be converted automatically. For links as posted above a more round about method is required click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…