Internet Explorer Dial Up

jan2242 00:06 25 May 03

Is there a way I can instantly dial a connection to the internet when I open Internet Explorer or Outlook Express. At the moment I am going to a shortcut on my desktop first to dial up, then going to either Outlook or Explorer. There must be somewhere I can "tell" the computer to dial up automatically. Thanks in advance.

Stuartli 00:19 25 May 03

Go to DUN (DialUp Networking) via Communications in Start>Programs, open Help and then key in Automate Dialing - you will be able to open three sections about this subject.

Alternatively, if you click on OE or IE's shortcuts you should get the connection box up where you just click Connect.

jan2242 00:42 25 May 03

In one of those 3 subjects it wants a script file. where would I find that? As far as clicking on the shortcuts this has not worked for connecting, hence the question here. Any other ideas?

Switcher 00:49 25 May 03

Start I.E got to TOOLS>INTERNET OPTIONS>CONNECTIONS and tick Always Dial my Default connection.

That should sort it out for you.

jan2242 01:19 25 May 03

Thank you, that is working now.

Stuartli 08:36 25 May 03

This should be done as standard if you have two or more ISPs, but it won't automatically dial the number; this happens only when you click on the Connect button in the box that comes up.

jan2242's question was how can he/she achieve this automatically when opening IE or OE?

Switcher 23:19 26 May 03

From my initial reading of the question Jan2242 said that she/he was connecting via a desktop shortcut THEN going to I.E or O.E.

My suggestion was how to cut out using the desktop shortcut, and to thus be able to connect with one click AFTER opening either I.E. or O.E.

I would not say that what I have suggested should be done as standard I have more than than one ISP and definitely do not want a connection box appearing every time I open O.E. indeed my usual method is exactly what JAN2242 started with. First I connect to my ISP then I select my Browser which might be Opera rather than I.E. or my mail program which might not be O.E.

This is what I find most convenient. Each to his own method.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…