Internet Explorer Debrander

mdshamilton 13:32 28 Jun 04

Argh - Jester 2K website

This website is now closed and I've lost access to that really useful little app called IE Debrander that gets rid of the advertising at the top of the Internet Explorer Bar. (You know the one...."Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Tiscali 1.0"...).

Does anyone know where I can get hold of the app again?

Thanks,

Mark

spanneress 13:34 28 Jun 04
  mdshamilton 13:42 28 Jun 04

Perfect, thanks.

The Ghost of Inept Pig 13:49 28 Jun 04

You could also do it by yourself:

Run regedit - right click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER, choose find, and search for 'provided by' - it should find keys for I.E. and Outlook Express, called Window Title or WindowTitle, deleting these will reset the applications back to their defaults.

Also, if you want to clear the ISP logo from the top of your screen, go to the run command again and type - 'rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear'

Stuartli 14:10 28 Jun 04

I've given the last tip you mention several times in the past (it saves messing about with the Registry) and, if I remember correctly, there's also a space after the comma and before Clear.

If you have SpywareBlaster, you can insert what ever you wish to appear from the IE tab...

My screen carries my name - purely for vanity and personal reasons you understand.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…