Internet explorer crashing

questions4u 13:29 30 Dec 07

At apparently random moments Internet explorer crashes with the message

The instructions at "0x7c911e58" referenced memory at "0xffffffff". the memory could not be "read".

I have recently downloaded all the windows XP updates and the latest version of Internet explorer to try and fix the problem but it ha snot helped. I have also used C cleaner and another registry cleaner and have now run out of ideas - can anybody help?

johnnyrocker 13:45 30 Dec 07

system restore to before the problem?

johnny

birdface 14:07 30 Dec 07

There was a bad Microsoft update last month which affected I/Explorer.If you scroll back to after till after the 11th of last month you will probably pick up the faulty up-date and repair it.There was a fix from Microsoft to repair it.

birdface 14:23 30 Dec 07

Something else to have a look at.click here

The F1 Help Key 19:02 30 Dec 07

hi me too i got this problem but now its is solved for me.follow these steps

You may have to reinstall or to repair Internet Explorer in Windows XP if you have problems with Internet Explorer because of damaged files or missing registration information. You may also decide to reinstall or to repair Internet Explorer 6 to resolve problems with Outlook Express in Windows XP.

Reinstall Internet Explorer 6 by using the Ie.inf file
If you already have Windows XP Service Pack 2 installed, and you do not want to install Internet Explorer 7, you may be able to resolve problems with Internet Explorer 6 by using the Ie.inf file to reinstall Internet Explorer 6. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Run, type %systemroot%\inf, and then press Enter.
2. Find the Ie.inf file that is located in Windows\Inf folder.
3. Right-click the Ie.inf file, and then click Install.
4. Restart the computer when the file copy process is complet.

The F1 Help Key 19:03 30 Dec 07

if you are using internet explorer 7 you make me know i will post the reapir instruction.

questions4u 17:30 31 Dec 07

Thanks for your help I am working through your ideas. Buteman I followed your link and have tried disabling IE add-ons this seems to have worked and it seems that the intrusion detection on Norton Internet security 2008 was causing the conflict. If the problem recurrs I will take your advise "F1"
thanks

rohankm 14:23 18 Jan 08

hi
heres one cool way to get awesome 200 % more browsing speed by changing 3 settings of the browser....its working great for me..check out click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced