Internet Explorer crashes on google video website

Parmy 11:40 20 Nov 06

I am using Windows XP SP2 and I have the latest updates/patches for Windows XP SP2 & IE6. When I go to the google video website and a click on a video to watch, Internet Explorer crashes and I receive a box with the message "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." When I click on "click here" to find out more information about the error, I get this:-

AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: jscript.dll
ModVer: 5.6.0.8825 Offset: 0000368b

Watching videos on youtube.com works fine.
Any help would be appreciated.

anskyber 12:11 20 Nov 06

Try updating your Java Run time to the latest version.click here

Fideist 15:10 28 Nov 06

I had the exact problem that Parmy describes, but I installed the latest version of Java Run Time, and Google Video is still crashing my Internet Explorer when I try to launch it and it's giving me the same error message as before. Any other ideas?

anskyber 15:42 28 Nov 06

I am not sure what has worked for Parmy since the thread is ticked as resolved but no feedback on what worked.

Other threads on Java have suggested uninstalling the earlier versions to the recent update which has made things work, always assuming its a Java issue.

When you say you have the same problem does this include the exact same error message?

avchinna 10:14 24 Jan 07

hello, i am having the same problem everytime i try to view anything on G video. no problem with other streaming video websites. i am getting the message "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." When I click on "click here" to find out more information about the error, I get this:-

AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 7.0.5730.11 ModName: jscript.dll
ModVer: 5.6.0.8825 Offset: 0000368b

any help would be appreciated

anskyber 10:51 24 Jan 07

Try the latest version of Java runtime. click here

avchinna 23:24 26 Jan 07

thanks for the tip
have update my java runtime
the problem still continues
any further help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac