Internet Explorer closes

tman16 13:40 13 Aug 06

Hi,

For a while now after i clicked on a few links using internet explorer it suddenly freezes the internet explorer window and an error report comes up saying send report or dont send, then when i click either of them the internet explorer window closes. I have tried anti-spyware scans and virus scans but the promblem is still there, anyone have an idea please?

Thanks
Attom36

James. 14:01 13 Aug 06

Repair IE? click here;EN-US;318378

James. 14:02 13 Aug 06

click here;EN-US;318378

correct link

James. 14:03 13 Aug 06

Third time lucky click here

tman16 14:34 13 Aug 06

I read the instructions on that link and it says i need to re-install xp in order to repair IE does that mean it would get rid of all my documents and files when i re-install XP?????

Kalb 17:15 13 Aug 06

I don't know how upto date your WinXP updates are but I suffered the same problem recently.
I updated about five days ago and I believe one of the updates was for IE, since when the problem has disappeared...better than a reinstall !!

Gongoozler 17:44 13 Aug 06

You can try installing XP over the old installation and all may be OK, but for safety make a copy of all your important files. Also copy all dbx files on your computer as these are your emails. An easier alternative could be to use Mozilla Firefox as your browser, although some applications might insist on using IE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…