Internet Explorer close down

jbaker65 10:53 29 Dec 04

Just recently when I close Internet Explorer a box pops up saying "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down". Clicking on the close box does nothing and it is impossible to get rid of this box without re-booting the computer. The computer still operates as though it was not there and the box can be moved to the side of the screen and work carried on. I have tried removing IE and re-installing with no success so the fault must be in some other program or dll etc. Incidentally my system is Win98se. Can anybody help with this annoyance.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:19 29 Dec 04

Run system file checker

click here for an explanation

jbaker65 11:55 29 Dec 04

Hi Fruitbat, I ran system file checker but unfortunately this didn't show anything wrong. Thanks anyway.

jbaker65 14:33 06 Jan 05

This has now been sorted thanks to another posting. The free program shexview. e*e led me to a shell extension that was causing the problem. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…