Internet Explorer cannot Display Webpage

ponytail 10:04 AM 08 Jul 12

I keep getting the following message: Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage

What you can try: Diagnose connection Problems

This appears even when I am in a website and I click on a link to another part of that site.I then click on the back button and try again but still get the message.Sometimes I go back three or four times before I get to where I want to go. This happens on different websites.Can someone advise.

difarn 10:11 AM 08 Jul 12

You do not say which OS you are using or which version of Internet Explorer has the problem. Have a look at this article about how to troubleshoot IE for the various OS.

ponytail 11:46 AM 08 Jul 12

Hi difarn I am using IE 8 and the OS is XP

spuds 11:51 AM 08 Jul 12

Perhaps not the answer, but I stopped using Internet Explorer due to constant problems, some similar to this problem being posted now. Got fed-up with looking for solutions.

lotvic 12:39 PM 08 Jul 12

Empty the Browser cache - Temp Internet Files etc. so that when you request a page it has to go get new one instead of searching cache first.

difarn 14:29 PM 08 Jul 12

If you have gone through the troubleshooter I posted and done as lotvic suggested then try another browser, firefox for example.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know