Internet Explorer cannot Display Webpage

ponytail 10:04 AM 08 Jul 12

I keep getting the following message: Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage

What you can try: Diagnose connection Problems

This appears even when I am in a website and I click on a link to another part of that site.I then click on the back button and try again but still get the message.Sometimes I go back three or four times before I get to where I want to go. This happens on different websites.Can someone advise.

difarn 10:11 AM 08 Jul 12

You do not say which OS you are using or which version of Internet Explorer has the problem. Have a look at this article about how to troubleshoot IE for the various OS.

ponytail 11:46 AM 08 Jul 12

Hi difarn I am using IE 8 and the OS is XP

spuds 11:51 AM 08 Jul 12

Perhaps not the answer, but I stopped using Internet Explorer due to constant problems, some similar to this problem being posted now. Got fed-up with looking for solutions.

lotvic 12:39 PM 08 Jul 12

Empty the Browser cache - Temp Internet Files etc. so that when you request a page it has to go get new one instead of searching cache first.

difarn 14:29 PM 08 Jul 12

If you have gone through the troubleshooter I posted and done as lotvic suggested then try another browser, firefox for example.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…