Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

cws5533 21:49 12 May 09

Well nearly at wits end but not quite. please help if possible. i try to connect to any web page, or try to display my router ip address and i fail to see the page. i have been on line on my own pc and tried many methods includng dealing with error 12007. if i run "diagnose connection problems" in explorer 8 it says that no probs found, i look at diagnostic log and it says successful connection to (ftp, http, https) to click here. i have completed resets in dos of winsock, netsh etc but nothing. i have reset to factory and internet default settings on numerous occasions. i have used reg cure and advance systems optimiser, i have restored back to ie6 and 7. no change. i can ping any ip address and do not lose any packets. i can chat on live messenger and send files, no probs. i just cant see what is wrong in my page window,pop up blockers are off, windows firewall on or off no change. any ideas, am open to all suggestions, am i missing something really simple here????

cws5533 22:14 12 May 09

it makes no difference whether i am wireless or using a lan cable, i have also tried two different router modems.

birdface 23:11 12 May 09

Maybe see if you can run Firefox until you get I/Explorer working.

click here

lotvic 23:21 12 May 09

Do yourself a favour and get rid of RegCure
Scroll down page click here and read the complaints

Have you done all the things microsoft KB says to do click here

Try system file check, click on Start > Run > in box type, sfc /scannow
(note there is a space between sfc and /scannow
info on sfc click here

Change your default browser to Firefox click here it's free and more secure than IE
Download file and choose save then you can transfer it to other pc. Or if you get pca magazine it is on the current DVD.

birdface 23:28 12 May 09

I take it you have run all your security programs.Maybe stop using Reg Cure.Maybe disable your add-ons and see if that makes any difference.Try tools Internet options.Advanced.Restore advanced settings.If that does not work .Advanced and press reset.That resets internet explorer to its original status.Internet options.programs. and make sure I/Explorer is the default web browser.If you can download Malwarebytes update and run that see if it finds any problems.

sormula 20:58 21 Jun 09

can somebody tell me how to fix error 12007?

cws5533 22:09 21 Jun 09

Sormula, i had this prob and never found the answer although i did resolve the problem using drastic measures, will not go into that here. i just found this link, cut and paste it. have a read and try what is suggested, let me know if it works please. click here

rdave13 22:27 21 Jun 09

If it was my problem I'd backup all photos,documents..etc browser favourites and emails and reformat and reinstall the OS. If I had the discs or disc to reinstate factory settings I'd do so after backing up all I needed.
What I strongly advise you not to do is use any 'optimising' programs of any sort again. Winaso especially as it's not infallible.
Good luck.

cws5533 22:30 21 Jun 09

rdave13, thats how i got round it in the end, i installed a new master drive, leaving the original windows on the now "slave" drive. therefore nothing was lost to the owner. when we get to solve this one and it is a major issue if you read all the threads available, i will revisit my friends computer and try to fix the original fault. if any one out there has the direct answer let us all know and tell microsoft too please.

rdave13 22:59 21 Jun 09

Put the dying hard drive in a 'caddy' or 'enclosure' and extract all important info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…