Internet Explorer cannot access 365 sites !!!

Heefie 18:20 17 Sep 03

Hi, I've a strange one here, I'm using Win2K & am up to date with all updates, am using the latest Internet Explorer, version 6.0.2800.1106IS & have downloaded Java Web Start (whetever that may be, but it was suggested to somebody who was having IE problems !!) ... it appears to work fine, here I am in the PCA website, no problems.

However, if I try to access Football365 I get the background and then nothing, it just hangs !!! I am having no apparent problems with any other web sites, but I tried Cricket365 & Rugby365 as well & get the same problem ... I get the background only and nothing else !!!

I have ZoneAlarm running, McAfee virus checker & SPYBOT has innoculated me against certain software, in fact if I access Chelsea or Manchester United's home sites it tells me that it is blocking Avenue A! ... and I mention this as I wondered if the 365 sites were trying to load Spyware and wouldn't continue if it was blocked ...

I can access Football365 using Netscape, but don't know about the others as I've uninstalled Netscape now ...

Any ideas ? Are these sites trying to run/load something that I haven't got ? Have *they*, not me, got a problem with Internet Explorer ?!?!

Any help, as per usual, muchos appreciated !!!

Gaz

mark500 19:20 17 Sep 03

click here Download this if you haven't got it already. There is a lot of javascript in the pages you are trying to view. I can access no problems at all.

Heefie 18:37 19 Sep 03

I've downloaded all that am still getting no joy ... do I have to adjust any specific settings ?!?

I can access from work, BTW, with no problem, using IE6 !!!

mark500 19:00 19 Sep 03

Open Internet Explorer. Go on tools > internet options > Advanced. Scroll down and ensure Disable Script Debugging 'IS' ticked. Restart the browser and try again. Past this point I am running out of ideas :-((

torMentor 19:14 19 Sep 03

you said you where fully patched?, I had a Microsoft security patch that turned the Java engine off, (their way of disabling malicious Java scripts..nice one MS!) you might want to check while you are in that advanced tab that Java IS enabled.

Mentor.

Heefie 22:41 19 Sep 03

Weirder & weirder ... Disable Script Debugging 'IS' ticked, yes, and Java IS enabled, yes ... and I've just found that, if I leave the PC for ages - not sure how long, but over 30 minutes, most of the page loads (I say most as there are lots of red X's all over the place but some pictures and all text is there) !!!!!!!

I clicked on the main story, about Alex Ferguson, discipline & Sunday's game versus Arsenal, and the same thing happens, it just hangs ... I'll come back after Johnathan Ross has finished and see if it's loaded !!!!!!!!!

AAARRRGGGHHH !!!!!

Heefie 23:49 19 Sep 03

Ahhh, no, not this time, a blank white screen after over an hour ...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…