Internet Explorer Browser discrimination

bingbong 17:58 29 Jan 05

My problem is that with two machines sharing a conncetion through XP ICS the "slave" running ME can access and load all sites so I don't think there is a firewall problem as it shares with the main mcahine (XP SP2)the XP built in firewall.

However when I try to access say it greys out the site and says done at the bottom. putting allows me on to the site and I can enter in my details such as user name and password etc. Pressing go to enter the details to access my webmail results in another grey screen with a "done" status at the bottom.

I recently had to remove a nasty worm virus from the XP machine which was intent on capturing information and attempting to spam the rest of the world with masses of emails. This was successful and it seems that since this my home page will not load.

Similarly I use Quick books account program which uses a type of browser for its cenre display which also waiots forec=ver if at all in loading. The program itself works fine as does the ME machine in its entirety but it may be these two problems are linked and that certain sites are being denied within my XP machine.

I have tried internet settings and checked with any exclusions within the browser IE6+. I have also upon advice from bt flushed the cookies and temp internet files etc. Still no joy

Any other ideas out there?

bingbong 20:22 06 Feb 05

In view of the lack of interest and tha fact that I sorted this problem out by resetting the XP machine with the xp disk; the problem has been resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…