internet explorer being hijacked

nickyjane 22:51 05 May 05

Hi Guys.
Have had no end of problems with pop ups, over the past few weeks. Have just found the reason why, I think. My pop ups come from a couple of sites, namely , and msxpsupport. I only found this out my looking at explorer history after the pop ups appeared on screen.How do I stop explorer connecting to these sites. My os is XP home with sp1 also running are zonealarm,adaware,spybot,spyware blaster, avast and a2. Thanks

VoG II 22:55 05 May 05

Try CWShredder click here

nickyjane 23:13 05 May 05

Have already used cw shredder,it didn't find anything.

VoG II 23:29 05 May 05

Please post a HJT log click here

nickyjane 00:04 06 May 05

can't seem to post hijacked report. keep getting error message

nickyjane 00:06 06 May 05

need to go to bed, can i get back to you tomorrow. thanks

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:08 06 May 05

Just d/l MS Antispy and run here.

nickyjane 00:51 07 May 05

Have d/l MS Antispyware. It found a few things and removed them, but still getting pop ups from a site called I have now scanned with almost every sypware program known to mankind, but still can't stop this Searchchem site from loading by it's self.

oldone 02:45 07 May 05

You could try a System Restore to a date before you were infected. If that fails switch off System Restore and scan again. The problem may be hiding in there.

GroupFC 09:40 07 May 05

I am not Vog (!) but to post an HJ log you might need to do it in two (or more) parts, as this sight has an 800 word limit on postings.

Good luck!

nickyjane 00:05 08 May 05

Still can't sort out this HJ log yet will keep trying.While looking at my start up menu I came across this little beauty " power reg schedular mfc" which I think is a spyware program plus some others, I have found them in the registry is it safe to delete them from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…