Internet explorer bar

Ankermi31 12:19 13 Oct 05

Last night and this morning when connected I have got a Window Antispyware Notice saying "An Internet Explorer bar requires your approval".

"an Explorer bar is a pane inside IE that can display Favs.History or other options. This change generally occurs when software is installed.You can allow this change if it is recognised and expected.

path is c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll Publiher Ms Corp. Description Windows Shell Common Dll and name Microsoft R (in circle)Windows R Operating System.

Question. Should I block or Allow?

Operating WXP and IE ver.6.00

gudgulf 12:43 13 Oct 05

It's from Microsoft......allow it.

I get this from time to time too......there is nothing untoward about it.A better explaination from Microsoft of what it actually is would not go amiss though......it's not exactly clear what is installing,or why!

SANTOS7 12:46 13 Oct 05
  gudgulf 14:12 13 Oct 05

Maybe............

But why would MS AntiSpyware notify about that?

I was wondering if it is more to do with updates to ie and AntiSpyware is picking up changes in the existing Explorer bars?

SANTOS7 14:31 13 Oct 05

maybe because of the functions built into the bar itself and MS AntiSpyware is asking permissions for it, don't really know..

Ankermi31 20:32 13 Oct 05

Thanks Santos, have read the information looks ok to download.

Will try and see though it has disappeared at the moment again. Seems to fly on in the mornings probably when I am not so awake!!

Thanks everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…