Internet Explorer annoyance

aschana 18:33 18 Aug 04

Hi everyone.
I am gettin really irritated by a toolbar that has mysteriously arrived on internet explorer.
It is called Search and just stays at the top under the address bar.
i've looked in control panel > add/remove prog's and nothing too obviously dangerous is there.

So does anyone know of any app that can get rid of this annoying toolbar. plz help, anything appreciated. thankz bye

THE TERMINATOR 18:39 18 Aug 04

Is it the google toolbar?

JayDay 18:41 18 Aug 04

Is it Cool Search, a nasty bit of spyware. I have heard about it butnever suffered from it so I can't offer much advice. Look for cool search in Google. click here

aschana 18:48 18 Aug 04

na it ain't a google toolbar. i'll try that cool search thing. i'll let u kno how i get on.
thankz to both of u so far.

aschana 19:37 18 Aug 04

the program that you gave me a link to "noadware v2.0" scanned my pc but says for it to delete the files i need to register.
the dangerous files noadware found were all from Download Accelerator Plus.
i'm quite sure this isn't the problem but to be sure i'll uninstall then reinstall and see if the problem is ok.

VoG II 19:39 18 Aug 04

Try running CWShredder click here

Liam101 20:15 18 Aug 04

have you tried the following help programs:
Adaware
Spybot Search and Destroy
Restrictions
HijackThis

The first 2 look for spyware and diallers that hijack your system
The 2nd 2 look at internet explorer settings and help you identify what should be there - if you see 'Search' in HijackThis, untick it and it will disappear.

Good luck

aschana 19:38 19 Aug 04

thankyou to all, problem has been resolved. it was called "QuickSearch".
bye for now,

asc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…