Internet Explorer - Address bar disappeared

PHR 16:07 05 Feb 05

I have lost the Address Bar in Internet Explorer.

I have tried ticking the box for Address Bar in "Tools" but this does not help.
The problem occurred after I downloaded an update to my ISPs software, I believe, but have had not had much help from them - reply outstanding for
over a week.

I have tried reinstalling IE5 but my system tells me that my installation is a newer version than that being installed. I have also tried downloading IE6 SP1 from the Microsoft site (in the hope that SP1 would include IE6 itself) but that achieved nothing, apparently.

I use Windows XP including AutoUpdate so do not know what version of IE I now have installed.

Please can somebody tell me how to identify what version of IE I have installed on my PC and how I can obtain the address bar?

Many thanks
"PHR"
aka Peter Clifford

igk 16:17 05 Feb 05

This might sound strange but do you use "Adaware SE personal" there is a setting in the "prepare for system scan" called "negligable risk entries" I ticked it once did a scan,got rid of all it suggested and lost the address bar in IE!
I got it back by reinstating the deleted items in "Adaware" I have never ticked it since,Hope this helps.

ICF 16:19 05 Feb 05

Tried right clicking on the tool bar and selecting address bar.Or add and remove programs.add and remove windows components.Uninstalling Internet explorer and reinstalling it again.Or system restore to a time when all was well.

ICF 16:20 05 Feb 05

Have a look click here

Furthark 21:05 05 Feb 05

have you tried 'System Restore?'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac