Internet Explorer Address Bar

basell 13:31 11 May 04

O/S XP Pro
I have items in my Internet explorer address bar that I can’t remove. I have deleted the history and every other thing that I know of to remove them without successes. Any help appreciated as this is now getting to me.

expertec 13:38 11 May 04

Click start, run type regedit navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs you can delete or edit the items in the address bar from there

Taff36 13:43 11 May 04

I suppose you tried TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > CONTENT and Auto Complete - then clear history and unchecked the various options?

expertec 13:47 11 May 04

That doesn;t do it

basell 13:51 11 May 04

expertec followed your instruction but there is nothing in TypedURLs.

Taff36 yes I have done all that you recommend but when I replace the tick in Web Address they return.

Taff36 14:12 11 May 04

It does it for me. Basell is talking about the drop down box in the address bar - if so clearing the history on the general tab (1st post) and then the auto complete (My post) gets rid of everything in that drop down box and stops automatically filling the address bar in. What am I missing?

basell 14:21 11 May 04

Taff36

That did work for me in the past but now I have 12 addresses in the address bar that will not delete? If I remove the tick in the Web addresses box then I don’t get any addresses but replace the tick and the 12 addresses reappear. These addresses are from two dates 5/3/2004 and 10/5/2004 very strange.

Taff36 16:16 11 May 04

Do you have ADAWARE and SPYBOT SEARCH & DESTROY?
Are the web addresses linked (Malicious) or random? In other words is this a deliberate attack - if so adaware and Spybot between them should get rid of them.

click here click here

basell 16:32 11 May 04

Taff36

Yes I do have and run them programs the computer is clean. The addresses are
Teamtalk.com, thisismoney.com, ticketmaster.com and thesun.co.uk.

expertec 18:46 11 May 04

Download HijackThis click here

Run it, click scan, click save log, save it.

Go to click here

Register, go to the "Hijack This and Spyware Removal Support" section, start a new topic and copy and paste the entire contents of your log in there.

basell 16:29 12 May 04

Has anybody had this problem?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…