Internet Explorer Add-ons

Graham ® 12:02 13 Jan 05

I've disabled some Add-ons (Tools, Manage Add-ons) and my browsing has speeded up noticeably. Is this worthy of a general recommendation?

rawprawn 12:06 13 Jan 05

I suppose it depends what you have disabled, the only thing I have disabled is \\\Windows Messenger that I don't use. All the resat are either pop up stoppers, Money, IE Spell etc, or security. What have you disabled it would be interesting to know if we all vary very much.

Graham ® 12:18 13 Jan 05

1) {CD67... Browser Extension

2) Bad download blocker

3) Researcher

4) Windows Messenger

Graham ® 12:22 13 Jan 05

1) AcroIE (Adobe)

2) IeSpell

3) Shockwave

rawprawn 13:04 13 Jan 05

Wow, I do seem to have a lot but I am not sure that I can disable any without affecting what my computer does.All these are Enabled.

safer Networking

Acronis Popup Blocker

Acronis CAdBlocker

Fill Forms

Google Toollbar

IE Spell

IE OPtions

Money Viewer

Money Side Controls

Roboform Main Module

Roboform 2

Save Forms

Sun Java Console

Graham ® 13:14 13 Jan 05

I should keep IeSpell and Adobe. Disable the rest, you can always enable them if any problems. You may notice a speed-up on this forum, I certainly did.

rawprawn 13:21 13 Jan 05

I will give it a go and see what happens, are you BB 512 ?

rawprawn 13:39 13 Jan 05

I have done as you suggested, but I can't see any real difference at the moment. I will leave the settings disabled for a while, as you know the speed on this site can vary enormously from day to day.

Graham ® 13:40 13 Jan 05

rawprawn 14:32 14 Jan 05

I have given it 24 hours, and I am not really convinced. It does seem to bo fairly quick but I get so much variation from the site itself it is difficult to say, so I will revert back for another day and see what happens.(I'm on 512) although the connection speed should not be a factor in any difference made by changing the Add in status, it should be relative.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:39 14 Jan 05

Just looked and have 6

Adobe, IEspell x2, Shockwave, java and Google toolbar

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…