internet explorer 9 uninstalled to enable to browse a new website

cordeiro 18:00 PM 30 Sep 12

I have a dell vostro 460 desktop with windows7 professional. I believe that when it is delivered pre-installed it automatically has internet explorer 9. The website I visited is www.dharnaksh.com.in This opens with and displays a window 'visit site', on clicking the site a new page opens and gives the option 'register' and a new window opens which is partly visible. This makes it impossible to complete the registration ! I managed to get thru to the technical maestro by phone who said the webpage is not viewable on IE9. I uninstalled IE9 and the problem was solved. Now when I click the icon Internet Explorer, it opens and says 'Google' how is it that my new browser is now 'google', should I remain with it or try installing IE8 ? JR Cordeiro

rdave13 18:24 PM 30 Sep 12

It works for me using Internet Explorer 9 in compatibility mode.

rdave13 18:40 PM 30 Sep 12

This is how it looks in compatibility mode (icon on right of address bar is blue) click here.

cordeiro 19:02 PM 30 Sep 12

attn. rdave, how do you get to compatabilty mode, I do not have IE9 installed. R. Cordeiro

rdave13 19:07 PM 30 Sep 12

It's the same in IE 8. You can follow Jock1e's advice going through 'tools' or click on the icon (looks like a torn piece of paper) on the right of the address bar.

cordeiro 19:34 PM 30 Sep 12

rdave. Thank you for your reply. as of now I do not have IE9 installed, should I re-install it ? and then how do I use COMPATIBILITY MODE ? JR Cordeiro

rdave13 19:47 PM 30 Sep 12

The compatibility icon, on the right of the address bar, just needs clicking once. The page will then go into compatibility view. If you use Internet Explorer then it would be wise to install the latest version IE9. You can just about see it in my previous link, top right. The icon changes to blue once clicked on and the page goes to compatibility view.

rdave13 15:52 PM 01 Oct 12

A bit of confusion here I think. Yes you'll need to re-install IE9 so you can get the compatibility view running on a web page. There was no need to uninstall it in the first place as you can run any amount of browsers on your PC. Looking at your other thread it seems as you already have Google Chrome but you can also have Fire Fox, Opera, Safari and others.

Forum Editor 18:56 PM 01 Oct 12

Please don't start any more new threads on the same topic - it's extremely confusing for people who are trying to help you.

I've deleted all of your new threads - please make any new posts in this one.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 release date, price, features UK: Free upgrade available July 29 with 10 years of free…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay