Internet Explorer 9. Problem with tabs.

Migwell 27 May 12
Answered

When I open a new tab in M/S Explorer 9 it opens as a blank page no matter how many times I set it to open with(your First Home Page) I have noticed that the aply button stays grayed out at this point. It will work with the (First Home Page )Setting until I colse down explorer and re-open it.

buteman 27 May 12
Answer

Try Internet Options.general Tabs settings and press restore defaults Ok.Then restart I/E.

or run the Fixit on this.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

That resets I/E back to its original state.Not sure if you loose your favorites that way or not.

johndrew 27 May 12

If you look in Tools (the gear wheel at top right), Internet Options/Tabs then click Settings, select "Restore Defaults" and click "OK" then "Apply" then "OK". Close the browser and then restart it and see if it is still not working. If not then try "When a new tab is opened, open:" ensure "Your first home page" is selected then click "OK" then "Apply" then "OK". Restart the browser again and see if it works. If it still fails then I have no idea other than something may be broken.

buteman 27 May 12

Click on the Windows live mail with the dropdown box on the top left.

Choose Options and then mail.Then spelling.

buteman 27 May 12

Cancel that last one it was for a different post .sorry.

Migwell 27 May 12

Thanks Buteman that link to reset Explorer has worked. Thank goodness, as that was starting to annoy me, just a little thing but you know how little things can drive you mad.

Again many thanks Migwell

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message