Internet Explorer

Rose Bud 20:39 30 Apr 03

Hi, could anyone please give me some advice about Internet Explorer? All of a sudden I am not able to see Java created buttons in the browser. This is a new problem that I haven't found before.

I have looked in security settings and the correct radio buttons are checked i.e enable. I have removed and then reinstalled the software, I have downloaded patches from Microsoft. My system is XP and I have "restored" to a previous date (before the problem) and non of these things have corrected the fault.

Any help would be appreciated as it is driving me mad! Many of the web pages I visit rely on Java buttons for navigation.

Thanks

hugh-265156 20:43 30 Apr 03

happens on this site sometimes to me just right click and show pictures.is every site like this or just PC Advisor?

hugh-265156 20:44 30 Apr 03

java from click here

Rhuddlan 22:13 30 Apr 03

Have you tried going to tools> internet options and on the advanced tab there is options about java, just make sure everything is correct, if your not sure what should be ticked, just click restore defaults, hope this helps.

Rose Bud 22:29 30 Apr 03

Thanks for the replies. The java options are already ticked in tools>advanced. I unchecked them and then re did them etc. but it's made no difference.

The option to right click > show picture is not there for java buttons but is there for jpeg/gif files. So that option isn't available either!

Thanks for the link to the Java site, I'm still looking around it, at the moment I can't quite work out what I should download as there doesn't seem to be anything with Internet Explorer on it. Sorry to be thick - any suggestions would be appreciated.

VoG™ 22:42 30 Apr 03

Just download from the second link click here

Rose Bud 22:50 30 Apr 03

Hi VoG,

Thanks for the link! I'm downloading now. It looks like it will take a while as I'm on a dial up connection. Used to have 1mb broadband but that's not available here.

I'll let you know if this cures the problem. Thanks again.

VoG™ 22:53 30 Apr 03

Good luck Rose Bud.

I'm on broadband and could never go back to dial up come hell or high water!

Rose Bud 23:40 30 Apr 03

It's not much fun going back to dial up after years on broadband, but I do have the joy of the countryside to console me!

Thanks for the link, everything is resolved now! One comment just in case you have an answer, the text is a little jagged on the java buttons, before the problem you could see crystal clear text (anti-aliasing (?)) but I don't mind, I'm just so pleased to have the function back!!!

Thanks again.

hugh-265156 14:47 01 May 03

try turning on cleartype right click an empty area of the desktop select properties click the appearance tab then effects and from the box that says use the following method to smooth the edges of screen fonts select cleartype ok then apply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…