//some 3rd party need geo

Internet Explorer

polmar 17:15 10 Mar 03

After having upgraded Internet Explorer to Version 6 on a Celeron based Packard Bell, It no longer holds the dial up setting chosen, ie Always dial my default connection. It holds this setting until the PC is rebooted at which time it ALWAYS reverts to Never dial a connection.

Ideas much appreciated :)

polmar 17:27 10 Mar 03

Running Windows 98 Sos :)

spikeychris 17:27 10 Mar 03

I've Come across this a few times and the answer can be Lexmark. Do you have a Lexmark printer? if so disable the printer monitoring tools.

click here for another option, and theres always the "dial whenever a network connection" etc:

Chris

polmar 18:08 10 Mar 03

Thanks Chris, but no, its a HP 810.

Have looked at the link, which suggests Spyware, I have already run Adaware and that was clear.

Had also tried Dial whenever etc, but that also reverted to the Never setting after reboot.

Appreciate your help to date mate

spikeychris 18:12 10 Mar 03

Do you have any monitoring tools with HP? go to msconfig and see what starts at boot-up.

Chris

polmar 18:27 10 Mar 03

Nothing, its a fairly old HP Printer.

€dstow 18:30 10 Mar 03

You might like to use Spybot S&D which searches out things that Ad-aware doesn't.

€d

spikeychris 18:30 10 Mar 03

Have you tried msconfig?

spikeychris 18:32 10 Mar 03

Good evening €d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…