Internet explorer 8

micemews 19:46 12 Aug 09

I have windows xp sp2 and I am currently using Internet Explorer 7. If I create a restore point then download Internet explorer 8 and subsequently wish to go back to IE 7 can this be done by just going back to that restore point.

GaT7 19:51 12 Aug 09

Yes, should do.

Otherwise you may need 'How do I uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8?' click here

Hope it will be a smooth upgrade & you won't have to do either. G

Sea Urchin 20:04 12 Aug 09

Just a note of caution:

System Restore does not replace the process of uninstalling a program. To completely remove the files installed by a program, you must remove the program using Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel or the program's own uninstall program.

Bald Eagle 21:36 12 Aug 09

My daughter did exactly this and it made a right mess of her XP SP2 computer. She lost and never regained internet access using IE and now runs FireFox which she had to install from a disc.
BE

birdface 08:40 13 Aug 09

Not sure if you need SP 3.5 downloaded first or not.That was also a bit troublesome for some.

micemews 20:34 17 Aug 09

Thanks everyone for your response to my posting.
I note some people have had problems with IE 8, however I decided to chance it and download it and thankfully it seems to be working ok.

micemews 20:46 18 Aug 09

Sorry I spoke too soon. IE 8 seems to be unable to access certain web sites that were accessible with IE 7 so I have uninstalled it and gone back to IE 7.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…