internet explorer

fullyfitted 21:19 02 Feb 03

since upgrading to internet explorer 6.0 from the magazine cover discI get the following error messageRun Time Error
ProgrammeC:\Programm files\Commonfiles\Symatec

R6025 pure virtual function call

any help would be appreciated

Switcher 22:54 02 Feb 03

Looks like Norton causing trouble again

woodchip 22:57 02 Feb 03

Remove Norton and reinstall

jazzypop 23:41 02 Feb 03

There are many posts concerning this R6025 error, and many possible fixes. The error is reported by a component that is using a standard C++ library, as described at click here

The most common is to open IE6, go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced, scroll down and untick the 'Enable 3rd-party browser extensions' box.

This fault can also be caused by web pages that provide steaming audio.

Symantec also have details of a sort of ix at click here= but do not seem to be able to identify an exact cause as yet.

If this does not fix it, can you provide more details?

Does it occur regularly (e.g. when you open IE6, when you visit particular sites), or is it completely random? Which Norton products are you using? Any further clues?

fullyfitted 19:39 03 Feb 03

Many thanks for all the advice. I have now found that the error seems to be associated with Norton A V 2003 as I have error messages and /or disabled functions on my E-mail scanning. I intend to uninstall and re install Norton and I E 6.0 as these are the only changes I have made before the problem started

Thank again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…